01 agosto 2006

Person of the month - July

As you all probably know, TIME magazine dedicates one cover each year to the "Person of the Year". I just don't like it when Bush's face appears AS IF he did anything *at all*.
Now, July is gone and today is the first day of August. I know this blog has only started around mid-July, but still, I want to choose a person each month that by obvious reasons, or not so obvious, deserved a little highlight. You may not know the person or you may not agree with this prestigious title - either way I'll try to convince you that he, she (or it) deserves it.
So, this said, the The Person of the Month is:


D. Afonso I aka D. Afonso Henriques


There are several reasons for him to be my Person of the Month, if for no other reason I think he deserves some credit for founding a nation, but that's just me. He was also proclaimed King on July.
All the fuss about opening his tomb made me think that we don't appreciate him as we should, so my little contribution is here. Learn about him, he is much cooler than the four fathers in US. He had no other father helping him, he taught the Moors a lesson and all this with a 15kg sword. I can barely hold a 1.5L bottle of water with one hand.

5 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Muito giro o teu Blog! Radical como tu!Pensei que andavas a trabalhar no doutoramento.....lol.Já agora, oh sinhora doutora: fica melhor substituires o "may or may don't" por "may or may not"
don't you agree my friend?
:-)

Paula disse...

'Brigada pela correcção, já 'tá direitinho! :)

Anónimo disse...

Ehehe...Freud havia de gostar de estudar o afonso e a mãmã...já agora, são "fore fathers" e não "four fathers", mas sou eu que tou a ser picuínhas, como sempre...

Paula disse...

Damn it, o trocadilho não resultou :p

Anónimo disse...

Oooops :P